Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 - You're here!

I'm so happy to see you! Yet, you bring much snow, wind and cold with you. What is up with that?

Our New Year's was uneventful. We had dinner with friends, came back to our house, drank Gingerbreak martinis and watched some idiot jump over water in a car. But, more important - we spent time with good friends. And, the martinis were good. It couldn't get any better than that.

On a sadder note, Rob's great grandmother passed last week. She was 105 years old. What a great, long life. She suffered toward the end, so I hope she is at peace now. I can't imagine being 105. I mean, did she always have indoor plumbing? Or, what was it like to see the invention of television? While I have no burning desire to live that long, I can't help but think about all of the history she was alive to experience. WWI, WWII, and all other wars of the century. The Great Depression. Even the introduction of automobiles. Wow. I'm in awe. The services are later today and tomorrow, and I will be celebrating this strong woman's life and doing my best not to mourn her death. RIP, Nana!

Stay warm all. Until next time!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment